LEADING TIP 2 : DON'T TEACH
Don't teach unless she asks. She will be annoyed if you attempt to teach. Even if you're 100% sure that you're right and she's wrong, do not teach. It's rude,arrogant and women do not like it. Besides, how do you know it wasn't you whoflubbed it?
If you are in class and know she is doing wrong, approach the subject diplomatically, e.g. "That didn't feel quite right to me, did it seem OK to you?" If she thought it was OK, this is the end of your attempt to teach. If she agrees that something was amiss, the safest thing to do is to ask an instructor to watch you two do the move and give you feedback.
In the other hand, if you are in a club; a lady who wants to learn will be very thankful if you take the time to teach her. Be aware that many of these ladies will not say, "Please, can you teach me?" Therefore, you must be sensitive to their attitude and willingness to be taught. If you don't feel like she is there to learn, then do not attempt to teach unless she specifically asks.
- General tip 1: small steps
- General tip 2: stay connected
- General tip 3: D.U.I. = dancing under the influence?
- General tip 4: don't be a xenophobic
- General tip 5: keep rings to a minimum
- Leading tip 1: dance WITH her
- Leading tip 2: don't teach
- Leading tip 3: take care of yourself
- Leading tip 4: safety first
- Leading tip 5: yes!
- Leading tip 6: everybody deserves a second chance
- Leading tip 7: dance at HER level
- Leading tip 8: be humble
- Following tip 1: keep dancing!
- Following tip 2: don't back lead
(... more tips will follow soon!)