LEADING TIP 7 : DANCE AT HER LEVEL
Dance at HER level, and if you are better, occasionally challenge and surprise her. If she does something well, recognize it and lead it some more. It is not fun to be dragged like a rag doll through moves she doesn't know. You might be able to make her do 20 moves she's never seen before, but she is not going to like it and will be just praying for the end of the song. She will enjoy it more if you expertly present her to the audience (real or imaginary) through half a dozen moves she's done before and knows how to perform nicely. When you try to force many new moves all in one song, this isn't a case of you "making her look good out there" In fact, she will think you are an arrogant, rude and selfish guy just trying to show off yourself.
- General tip 1: small steps
- General tip 2: stay connected
- General tip 3: D.U.I. = dancing under the influence?
- General tip 4: don't be a xenophobic
- General tip 5: keep rings to a minimum
- Leading tip 1: dance WITH her
- Leading tip 2: don't teach
- Leading tip 3: take care of yourself
- Leading tip 4: safety first
- Leading tip 5: yes!
- Leading tip 6: everybody deserves a second chance
- Leading tip 7: dance at HER level
- Leading tip 8: be humble
- Following tip 1: keep dancing!
- Following tip 2: don't back lead
(... more tips will follow soon!)